This year I want to give something to help give back & to do that I'm asking for the help of my friends. *flutters eyelashes*
Walk for ME asks friends & family of ME sufferers to do a sponsored walk on their behalf. Obviously I'd do a sponsored walk myself it I could but I don't think anyone's gonna pay for me to walk the dozen steps I can manage before needing a lay down :p Basically the idea is that by doing Walk for ME you're doing something that I would love to be able to do but can't in order to raise awareness of this debilitating chronic illness.
You can see where this is going can't you? ;) Yup, I'm asking you fabulous bunch to consider joining my team to do the walk for ME. The details are down to you - despite the name you could do a sponsored walk, swim, run, hop...whatever you want & as far as you want, & whilst the suggested time to do it is ME awareness week (11th - 17th May) you could instead choose to make it a cumulative total number of miles, doing little bits you can whenever you can between now & then.
Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase consider joining in, however much or little you can do it all helps & would mean the world to me.
I've set up a Facebook event page you can join & there's helpful info & links below the pic.
Oh, you can also get a free t-shirt for joining in!
(Just email firstname.lastname@example.org & tell them you're doing Walk For ME once you've set up your Just Giving page)
If you would like to join the Walk for ME team (and we really hope you will!) you need to do the following steps:
1. Go to www.justgiving.com and click on "make your page"
2. Either log in to your justgiving account or click "No - I'm new" to set one up
3. Search for the ME charity you wish to support. Walk for ME 2015 is supporting Invest in ME and ME Reseach UK
4. Click on personal challenge and follow the online steps
5. Choose your justgiving web address
6. Click on "create your page"
7. Personalise your page. You can say who you are walking for and why you are walking
8. Then go to www.justgiving.com/teams/walkforme2015 scroll down and click on "Join the team"
9. Select your fundraising page to add it to our team!
10. You can then send your own justgiving address to friends to raise sponsorship. Any target you set on your own page will automatically add to the team target.
If you have any difficulties you can contact the justgiving support team on 0845 078 2063 or email the Walk for ME team at email@example.com
Remember: Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never share them with anyone or send you unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. They'll make sure Gift Aid (an additional 25%) is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer, too. That means more money goes to the charity, faster, with JustGiving. You'll see our team fundraising target on the right. Your donation can really help us smash this goal!